Who We Are
Health Safety and Environment
Code of Ethics
Efficiency and Improvement
Inspection and Audit
Drug and Alcohol
Social Media Policy
Category 3 BIRE Inspector Needed
Based in Amsterdam / Rotterdam / Antwerp region
AWP Marine Consultancy Ltd would be very interested to hear from existing OCIMF BIRE inspectors and/or EBIS inspectors based in the Amsterdam/Rotterdam/Antwerp region or candidates that meet the following requirements;
Location and Work Permit
Must be based in the Amsterdam/Rotterdam/Anterp region or able to locate to this area at their own cost and able to work in the EU without restriction
• Certificate of competency for Officers in charge of a navigation watch or as Master of a ship of less than 500 gross tonnage issued by recognised flag state, or
• Certificate of Competency as Second Engineer issued by recognised flag state, or
• Nationally recognised Barge Master licence, or
• Nationally recognised barge Chief Engineers license, or
• Extensive day-to-day experience in barge operations or barge terminal management.
• Must have served at least two years on the vessels of the type to be inspected, (*Note. Served means in this instance actual accumulated time on board and not calendar years), or
• Have undertaken suitable training to meet the agreed inspecting requirements for Category 3 vessels.
Category 3 Inspectors with previous seagoing experience shall hold, or have held a Certificate of Advanced training appropriate to the type of vessel to be inspected or a certificate issued by a local authority of equivalent standard.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate familiarity with, and knowledge of, International Regulations, National regulations as appropriate, codes and Conventions and Industry Guidelines, Procedures and Standards appropriate to the type of vessels being inspected.
Physically capable of conducting a full and complete inspection according to the requirement of the Barge Inspection Questionnaire: https://www.ocimf.org/media/76813/BIQ-Europe-Master.pdf , and
• be capable of communicating proficiently in written and spoken English,
• be capable of communicating proficiently in the spoken language of the vessels’ personnel.
Category 3 Inspectors with previous seagoing experience shall hold or have held a Dangerous Cargo endorsement appropriate to the type of vessel to be inspected, or a certificate issued by a local authority of equivalent standard.
Oct 5, 2020
AWP Company Newsletters
comments powered by Disqus.
blog comments powered by
AWP Company Newsletters
Ballast Water Management